Meal Time Inspiration from Molloy's Fish Market
Our friendly & knowledge team are here to offer you advice on the best ways to cook Molloy’s Fish products! Nutritionists recommend that we eat fish at least twice a week – and include oil-rich fish at least once a week. At last: a food we love that’s also good for us as well as been quick & easy to cook!
Download Molloy's Fish Recipe's
Top reasons why Nutritionists love Fish
- Fish are a powerhouse of good nutrition, helping the body to get many of the nutrients it can easily miss out on
- Fish is low in fat and rich in protein, which is needed for strong muscles and a healthy immune system, skin and hair
- Fish is also rich in iodine, zinc and selenium – essential nutrients that are not found in many other foods; iodine is needed for a healthy metabolism; zinc is necessary for healthy skin and the immune system; and selenium is one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants.
- Fish is also a rich source of several essential vitamins, notably B vitamins which are found in almost all fish – one portion of fish will provide your full day’s requirement for vitamin B12
- Oil-rich fish are also excellent sources of vitamins A and D: vitamin A promotes healthy skin and good eyesight and vitamin D helps the body to absorb calcium from food
- Oil-rich fish are among the best sources of Omega-3 fats. These essential fats are needed for healthy brain development during pregnancy and childhood, and they also help to protect the brain from decline in old age. Omega-3 fats also help to keep skin healthy and may play a role in helping to prevent a wide range of conditions, from dyslexia and ADHD to Type 1 diabetes and asthma.